Friday, November 21, 2014

Really Reasonable Ribbon Gift Packaging & Ribbon Challenge

Hello Friends!!
So excited to share with you the 
Gift Packaging and Ribbon Challenge 
that we are having at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog!!
I decided to make a gift bag using some fabby items from 
Really Reasonable Ribbon!
I started out with some of
 my Favorite Goodies from Really Reasonable Ribbon!! 
I also used some of my Collage Sheets. 

Countdown to Christmas Focals Ornie Digital Collage 5 Sheet set $10

































Here are a couple more photos

I used Frayed Burlap Distress ink on the edges of all of my pieces and the bag too.  I know that Bonnie is doing inventory right now, I think she may be out of the plain white bags, but you can do this same idea with any of the bags.
I simply cut off the excess longer side so that the closure would be even.
I added the ribbon glued down my paper onto the front, top and back of bag.
 I layered the Paper, doily then Edna Lace and lipstick red Seam binding
Pop dots were placed on the back of the Santa focal.  I layered the Red Micro gingham ribbon on top of the lipstick red Seam binding.
I made a tripple bow out of the lipstick red Seam binding with my bow it all tool, and put it on a piece of Red Micro gingham ribbon.
I punched holes in the top fold of the bag.  Then I covered the bag with paper.  I centered the Red bow onto the front of the bag and then threaded the gingham to the back of the bag and tied a bow.  This is what keeps the bag closed.
I used Fauna, Garnet, Ensalada, and Rose Gold glitter on my piece.
I tied a tiny button with the Peppermint Baker's Twine and placed it on the bag just left of the focal.

Here are a few other packaging ideas that I have done in the past.
Folded paper gift box


I will be playing along in the following challenges
Unruly Paper Arts: Santa is coming to town

Love to Create: Make it for Christmas
Get Creative Challenge:  Anything Goes optional twist Glitter I can't wait to see what you create for our challenge!!
Hugs
Heather

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Deliciously vintage and shabby chic....You know how to use that seam binding ribbon...that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag! You used so many collage sheets...one of the things I love about your sets is that they all work so well with each other!
    That little box is still a cutie!
    BOLB Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bag. I'm going to need the red set as well as the pink aren't I?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Heather and your images are beautiful! I really love the soft colors so gentle and pretty and perfect for Christmas without being the traditional red and green! Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts this month! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather this package is too pretty to open !!! I love the colors you used, and now I have to get one of those bow makers.... I worked on a project earlier tonight trying to tie a bow with seam binding and it, well, it doesn't look like yours... lol... Perfect package !!! Thank you for creating with us at Unruly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!
    Hugs'
    Jackie LTC owner/designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Design and make. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather