Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Vintage Romantic LOVE Mini ALbum

Hello Friends, I hope you are having a fabulous day!
Today I would like to share with you a 
Vintage Romantic Love Mini Album that I designed
using some Gecko Galz, Graphic Fairy and images and digital papers that I created myself.
I am sharing this with the Inspiration Journal (add a heart to your project...and I have a lot of hearts..LOL)
Here is the cover.
The cute little cherub in the boat is part of a vintage ephemera image from Gecko Galz.  I just did a few little changes to it and used pop dots to add a little depth to the cover.  The gorgeous Ivory Mulberry roses, teardrop beaded trim, clear crystal flower and Cranberry Rosette (upper left) are all from Esmeralda's Etsy shop PRO 31 Designs.  Just a note I should be getting my next DT package soon, and I will be having a GIVEAWAY on my YOUTUBE channel.  So check back..you won't want to miss it!
Here is a close up of the flowers...
 Yummy!!  I just love Romantic Vintage Style!  The Background paper of through out this mini album is a digital paper that I created using different brushes, and layers and colors as well as part of a digi stamp from Gecko Galz.  The little girl in the heart stamp is done on another digi paper that I created.
Lets peak at the inside...
The White vintage frame is a Gecko Galz image I have used many times.  The Coral pink rose at the top..and through out the paper is one that I painted myself in GIMP.  Check out my GIMP tutorials page to learn how to use this fun FREE program.  Tiny cranberry roses came from an RAK I won at the Flying Unicorn.  The flatback pearls and pearl sprays are from Pro 31 Designs.  I created the "To," "My" and "Love" pieces in GIMP as well.  Just like always..my edges have been inked with Vintage photo distress inks.  I have used Perfect copper perfect pearls as well.
I designed my pieces in GIMP and Inkscape.  Then I used both Make the Cut and Sign Cut Software and my new 
Black Cat Cougar to cut them all out.
Here is the other side.
The tag in this pocket is almost identical to the one in the previous pocket.  One side is for a photo, the other for journaling :0)  Here you will see some May arts trim (green leaves) and an antique button..that I am using as a flower.

Here are what all the pockets look like without tags in them...well the upper half anyways.  I designed the envelope to look as though it has a pink damask liner.  This digital paper was a freebie I found on the internet.  I used my CINCH to bind my mini.
On to the next set of pages.  The gold crowns that I placed on the little boy and girls head are from the Graphics Fairy.  The Large black and crown on the tag to the left is also a Graphics Fairy image.
The tiny pink rosebuds I won in an RAK from the Flying Unicorn.  They host fabulous challenges there..you should check them out.
Again I have some pearl trim from Esmeralda's store.  The tags here are ones I created with many layers of different colors..and a few brushes in GIMP. 
The heart is a digital collage I created using a Graphic Fairy Image..and some crowns..and some text..as well as adding the heart background..and digital paper.
This tag says...KING OF LOVE..and there is one identical to it behind my digital heart collage in the previous photo..but it says...QUEEN OF LOVE.  I again Used GIMP and brushes that I found on the internet.  The stamped images on this page is one that I drew and carved myself..and if you follow me..you probably already knew that because I use it a lot.  Here I used it with heirloom gold empossing powder.  The button is just from my stash.
Next set of pages.
You will notice that the tag  on the left is just like the other's I have shown, except that here I don't have the frame on it.  I have some more frames..so we shall see.  The one on the right is one I created using a digital paper that I created (I altered a free pattern I found online).  I misted the Larger flowers with Perfect copper Distress Mists..and then just inked the next layer with vintage photo..and topped off with some Cranberry Roses I won at the Flying Unicorn. Again I used the flatback pearls..and some May arts leaf trim.
Close up :0)
Here is what the book looks like empty..just standing on it's own.
I think this would look gorgeous sitting on a desk...next to your nightstand..or on a coffee table.  Fill it with photos..and have a great piece to start a conversation with.   Here is another view.
I just LOVE it!!  Just gorgeous if I do say so myself...LOL.
I was so excited when I got my first pieces cut out..that I put it together right away..LOL. Notice the back cover...it looks like the inside of an envelope too..and this is how all the pages look if you don't add the extra front flap (which looks identical but creates the pocket).  When I create KITs out of this pattern I believe I will change the back to just the Love pattern paper...so it doesn't look open.  I added some ribbon that I had from my stash to the 1 1/2 inch binding rings.   Now for the tags.
There is the rose that I painted :0)  I have the frame on the one..and the rose on the photo side (this side) is raised with pop dots so that a picture can slide in.  If you get a kit..it will come with the frames..which you can use on these..or create some other tags to put them on.  There is plenty of room at the top..to add some embellishments.  The bottoms..good for flat embellies...you want  it to fit into the pocket.  Here is the journaling side.
So Vintagey!!
Here are some more tags that I designed using some Old tag images..and layers...brushes...etc in GIMP.
I love the worn and distressed look!  The digital heart collage I created is identical on both sides :0)  Here is the other side..you may recognize them now.  
I used some of the stamps I made to do the stamping on these.  I made the mistake of putting the frame on pop dots...so it makes it REALLY tight to put in the pocket..so if you purchase a kit..just put your photo..then glue down your frame...so it is flat...and it will be fabulous!!
So there it is.  I am going to order embellishments..and hope to have the kit listed here on my blog as soon as I have enough embellies.
I hope you enjoyed my Mini Album!  
Goodness I wrote a book...LOL.
Photobucket


11 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love all the details in this -- especially like that the pockets are envelopes! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUch pretty corals and creams...love the shape...thought it was a house shape at first! lol~ Nice details, elegant touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather this is beautiful, love the colors. Whoever will be getting this present will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project heather! Nice design's that you made yourself, kudo's
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so pretty Heather! You are super talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Heather, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, you are always inspiring! Always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is gorgeous! Love your colors. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your mini, everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this mini great color this a WOW!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather