Saturday, April 16, 2011

Card for a friend (Funky Fold)

Today I am finally getting around to posting a card that I created out of my Swirlydoos kit, and for a challenge over at  365 Cards.  This week over there they have some Fabulous "Get you Creating New Things Challenges"  So this is a new style card for me.  I just love how it turned out.  It also has my Favorite Vintage feel, so I linked it up to Trulyscrumptious Challenges.
It is ViNtaGe YuMmy!  I used one of the stamps I carved in the upper left using stazon ink in jet black.  I also stamped the clock face with the same ink (it is stamped on the blue pp and brown pp). I used a left over piece of flowers (martha stewart punch), and of course my favorite Dusty Attic Chippy.  I did use my distrez tool to distress ALL the paper edges, and then inked them with Ranger's Vintage Photo.  I think I will have to send directions with the card on "How to open"..lol.
You can see here that the blue pp is attached to the upper right side of the card.  I altered the Dusty Attic piece, by cutting it into a couple pieces.  Adhered the top piece to the blue pp, and the bottom is adhered to the lower left piece of brown pp.  You simply slide the blue piece of pp behind the DA piece on the bottom, and then also use the clock hand to hold the card closed.  Super Smooth...I just love it!
I did use Art Glitter Glue to hold down just the bottom edge of the DA piece, so the other paper could slide behind it.  I also punched two little holes with my crop o dile and added grommets on either side of this piece.  I strung  a piece of beading wire with some beads around it.  You can see the other two pieces of Dusty Attic on the center piece (they were all embossed with copper color).
Here is the center of the card.  All the papers are from my April 
Swirlydoos Kit.  The super Fabulous Crochet Butterfly is from one of my Best Paper Peeps...Carol, she plays with me over at Bella Creations.  She made me a big pile of these awesome butterflies!  Too sweet!
Isn't that butterfly just fabulous!  I used some liquid pearls to embellish the frame around the wording.  I used an Eksucess punch with some Swirly paper...which this month is by Bo Bunny...the Gabrielle collection.  I inked it with chipped china by Ranger.
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, very elegant. Love the way it opens and the inside is just as nice.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Truly Scrumptious this week and Good Luck.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... what a work of art... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I love it! Very pretty, can't wait to see it irl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous papers and embellishments! Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing - a work of art! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather