Friday, March 04, 2011

Easel Cards For Design Team at Scraptales

Here are two 5" by 5" Easel Cards that 
I designed for the DT at
Scraptales
Using the My Mind's Eye paper Collection
Good Day Sunshine.
As Luck would have it...I am squeezing these into 
365 Cards Day 2 Challenge Pick 5
My favorite Embellies are the Dusty Attics Chipboard Corners and words.  My favorite card dimension of 5 x 5 Easel Card.  Favorite design technique is distressing and using perfect pearls.   My least favorite color...brown...but this plaid rocks!  So...I didn't see this challenge till after I made my cards...but they fit.  I just love following their blog...Pam has fabulous sketches...and a great DT.  It is a great
blog to visit for inspiration.
It is hard to see in this photo..but I just couldn't resist using the
Dusty Attic piece "tender"..and guitar...and you get Elvis's
Love me Tender.  
This one I used the guitar and small guitar die cuts from the fun die cut sheet that matches the Good Day Sunshine Boy Collection
on this Easel Card.

On this card I used the Bicycle die cuts.
Here are a few images of how these cards came to be.
To see how to make the Easel card visit this 
How to Post Here
I started out with two (because I am doing two cards) strips of black
Cordinations card stock measuring 5 inches wide by 10 inches long.
I scored these two strips at the 5inch mark (using my scor pal) and then flipping my piece and score at 21/2 inches.  I also cut out two pieces of 5" x 5" squares of another black sheet of Cordination's card stock (this one with blue)
The two plaid pieces were cut as 4 1/2 inch squares.  The red and blue strips are 1 inch by 5 inches.  I used my EK Success scallop dies to cut out the red color matts.  I just made them big enough to look good around my photo.
I embossed the card stock...and then lightly sanded it.  I applied the plaid piece to the piece of black and blue 5 x 5 cardstock with my ATG gun, and then applied that to the top edge of the black and red card stock.  You will notice how the card on the right has a tiny red strop showing at the top (where the name of the paper is printed), this is where I lined up the black and blue card stock piece.
Here is a few of how it looks from the side.
I distressed all edges with my cutterbee scissors, and inked with Ranger's distress inks in Vintage photo.  I applied both the scallop circle and blue strips with my ATG gun.
I will be heading back to Scraptales to get another die cut sheet
so I can make a matching tag for Caleb's card.


I measured up 1 inch from the bottom of my card, and then applied my red strip.  This is what the bottom of the top piece leans against, so it stays open.  I applied my favorite Dusty Attic chipboard pieces, which were embossed using gold embossing powders.
I used Ranges filmstrip, which I stamped my boy's names in the frames with Stazon in Jet Black.  I used my Silhouette SD to
print and cut the Summer 2010.  I did use UTEE on the guitar and bike die cuts.  These cards are so boy...and I love THEM!  They have a hidden tag too....Make sure you 
stop by the store and check them out.
 Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for visiting!
Have an awesome day!
Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and like always, you do such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great...you are rocking this dt stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool...I have never made one of these. I like the colors you used and the hidden journaling tag, Heather. I REALLY like the size and am going to re-read your directions and give this a try! THX :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these! Going to have to put these on my list of "have to try"! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are awesome! And a nice pic of Caleb with no hair!!! How handsome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Heather! Wonderful choices for your "pick 5"! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at 365 Cards and can't wait to see what you come up with next!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. great cards! I'm new to easel cards but like them too! becoming a favorite! like how you made yours into a photo frame display!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather