Monday, December 06, 2010

Framing my First Swirlydoo Layout

I am still listening to Christmas music...and my Mojo is still with me.  
I found a challenge over at 
The host of this challenge is 2amScrapper.  The rules are that it needs to be something other than a layout, tag, or mini.  This motivated me to get my antique frame out...and give it some color.  Here is the finished project...hanging in my Foyer.
Here is the journey to the finished project.
If you would like to see the journey of the 
Here are some photos of the frame..and matting to begin with.
The frame is just a "plain white color"  There wasn't a back board...so I cut a piece of cardboard to fit.
Took a plain piece of cheap thin pink cardstock.  Stamped it with one of the stamps I carved..and inked all the edges in Ranger's Vintage photo.
Here I started to use Ranger's Distress inks in Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint.
The photos just don't do it justice.  I just used my regular Ranger applicator with felt pads to apply the distress ink.
Now it is starting to get that Vintage Cottage Chic feel...that I just love.  I placed the stamping where I knew it would be seen...didn't want to cover it with my layout.

Close up

Here I have the blue stuff ...that I will use to stick my layout to my frame.  I will say it works pretty good...and if you are wondering why I say that ...see below.
Our house looks down on the train tracks...and this train comes by 2 times per day...and I recently found out that this blue stuff works pretty good for holding my papers in place.
I arranged it so that I would be able to press the areas with the "blue stuff' down...and get a good seal.  Some of it...actually touches the frame.
These little command strips work great.  I cheat...and put both pieces on my frame...then peel of the little piece of paper....and then stick it on the wall...where I want it.  I don't measure...I just eye everything...figure if it looks good to me...then others will like it (unless it is not their style).  Works for me!
Here is the finished project again.
Thanks for visiting!  Hope this sparks your creativity!
Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous frame. I'm very impressed that you made your own stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather