Tuesday, November 09, 2010

My Take on the Swirlydoos November "Simply Irresistible" Sketch Challenge

Challenge Sketch 

Here is my take on the Swirlydoos Sketch Challenge for the November "Simply Irresistible" kit.
I bought an awesome shabby cottage chic white vintage frame while my mom and I were out at the Antique's Shop on Sunday.  I used one piece of paper from my November Swirlydoos kit.  It is the Parisian Anthology, Parisian elements page by House of three for Pink Paislee.  It is a 12 inch by 12 inch page that has four tiny pages printed on it (same on both sides).  There were also two long strips down the middle of the page.  
The background paper is a light teal blue that I distressed the edges with my scissors, stamped using my favorite background stamp I carved (Ranger 's distress ink tumbled glass).  I then inked the edges with Ranger's tumbled glass followed by vintage photo.  I did this same technique to the second layer which is shaped (Ginny would be proud, I actually cut out something..and that is not normally my thing...lol).  The next strip (vertical) I stamped all over using one of the floral stamps I carved with Stazon ink in Jet black.  Over top of this is the strip with the dress form.  I inked these edges and the edges of the horizontal strip in the bottom right (see below) with Ranger's antique linen followed by vintage photo.
The large teal Rose was from my kit along with the shabby white fibers that I wrapped around one of the vertical strips, and at the bottom of the horizontal strip.  The butterflies (upper left on branch and lower right corner) were both cut out of the paper, inked and had Ranger's Glossy accents added.  The wings were bent up, to give more dimension to the page.  
The  frame and upper right corner piece are part of the kit from Swirlydoos, they are from the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements.  I used    tumbled glass on the inside part of the center circle frame and vintage photo on the outer part (slightly overlapping).  I used vintage photo on the corner piece.  
For the first time in my life...lol...I am getting things finished!
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I adore Swirlydoos kits!!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather