Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Fine Woman...wears many VINTAGE hats!

Wow...I worked the past Wednesday through Saturday (I was called off for Thanksgiving) and finally have the chance to start playing with paper!  I mentioned earlier in the week that I was following a long with the 365 Vintage Blog Hop
It has been really fun to check out all of the designers at 365's blogs.  Here is the card I designed for Gloria's part of the Recipe
 So this morning I got to work...and designed a simple "Vintage Hat Diecut"  with my Robo Master program...and I cut it out with my Silhouette SD.  Here is is below
Sorry I don't have the step by step...like normal...but I have a lot more cards to design...and get finished before tonight!  So I will just break this down for you.
I started out by using the stamps I carved to stamp around the edges of the papers (stazon jet black).  I then inked all the edges with Ranger's distress inks in:  worn lipstick, scattered straw and of course my FAV...vintage photo.  I then distressed all the edges with a knife blade. Below are some close ups!
Here you can see the "Hat Pin" I created using some vintage beads off an old Christmas ornament.  I added a little green lace, some white pip berries and a Vintage pink rose.. to top off my tiny Vintage hat.  Believe it or not...I have a bigger hat...and ended up using the small one instead.  Maybe I will use it for one of the other many cards I need to make for this challenge today!  :-) 
This is the upper right of the card.  I used Ranger's new Perfect pearls mist in "perfect copper" on this rose (and the other two that are not on the vintage hat).  Hard to see..but there is some vintage look pinky peach ribbon under one of the layers of paper...and my FAV green pom pom balls trim (it is under the JBowlin polka dot paper).  There is also a vintage button.
The Chip board key, lock and swirl (lower right) were all embossed with gold embossing powder.  I bought the cream flower off Etsy, and the roses I spritzed with perfect pearls came from my BFF's Scrapbook store....you will see her link in the upper right side bar.
Here you can see another vintage button...a find from one of my many antiquing trips with my mother.  There is some more of the pinky peach ..and pom-pom trim...and some copper bead wire..I love to add depth.
Here you can see one of my favorite stamps that I carved....and the gold embossed chipboard swirl.
Below is the inside of the card...which finishes my sentiment
"A Fine Woman....wears many Vintage hats!"
I thought...hat pin...woman...having to wear many hats in todays society....we are busy!  Again all stamp images are ones that I carved myself.  For an example of how I Carve my stamps click on my Angelica Butterfly Stamp.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog...and hope you can make it over to the blog hop and check out

Hugs!





1 comment:

  1. This is crazy good! I love all the layers and dimension! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather