Tuesday, November 23, 2010

365 Cards Vintage Week Blog Hop: Vintage plus Stamp

Quick look at the inside.

Here is the card that I made for Day 268, Vintage Plus Stamp.
You can find all the information about the 365 Vintage Blog Hop + Design Team Call
I had never done a "blog hop" before, and have found this to be very fun!  It is also very inspiring.  Many beautiful cards by the Design team there...and from those who have linked their cards!
I still need to make a card for Monday's Card.  Hopefully I will get to that tomorrow night, when I get home from work. 
Below are some photos of the card in progress...and a shot of the inside.
I used my Vintage style stamps that I hand carved.  You can see the one that I refer to in many of my posts as "My favorite background stamp" in the upper right.  I used Stazon Jet black ink for all the stamping.  Of course Ranger's Vintage Photo distress ink for that great aged look on the edges.  
Here is a close up of the sentiment.  I made this die cut by taking a photo of a garden stone I painted for a friend.  I then imported it into GIMP...and cleaned it up...and gave it a clear background.  I then used my Robo Master program to create the actual die cut.  I used the "Print and Cut" feature of the Silhouette SD.  Here is the original garden stone (what the heck..I loved it too) below.
I started one for me..and it is not finished...that is how it goes!
Below are some Close ups of the details.
I used a floral stick pin...and added the polka-dot ribbon and one of my vintage square faceted buttons.  A couple stems of white pip berries and copper colored wire...and  now my card is happy!  I like to think of my work as "Chunky".  
I used Ranger's Perfect medium pen to free- hand some swirlys onto the die cut.  Then I lightly applied the Perfect Pearls in copper.  I forgot to mention that I used Ranger's new "Perfect Pearls Mist" in Perfect copper...on the rose.  I also made sure to use my hot glue gun to place a dollop of glue on the end of the stick pin, and I also strategically glued the white pip berry on top of it.  Wouldn't want to say..."thank you"..and have them poke their finger.  Below is a photo of the inside.
Again I used my fav background stamp...and one of my new stamps that I carved in the upper right.  I of course inked the whole card...including the back (my camera ran out of batteries..so I will photo it later).  So this card is ready to have a heart felt thank you written!
Here is the card upright.
Thanks for looking! 
Don't forget to check out  365 Cards to get some inspiration!
Hugs!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. very gorgeous....love the stick pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative. A work of art! You did a fab job! Thanks for playing along at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather