Saturday, October 23, 2010

How I got into Scrapbooking (from an old post on one of my other blogs)

Pink and Red Roses

This past January my best bud Ginny talked me into making a "Thank You" card for a friend of ours. Ginny has always been the "Queen of Cutting Paper". That was the first time I got to use her Cricut die cutting machine. I liked the card so much, I kept it...LOL. (I will make you a new one Annie).

On my birthday, Ginny and I went to Joann's, Michaels  and our local scrapbook store. We bought some scrapbook paper (I didn't buy much)...because I was still not hooked. Then Ginny showed me one of her Beautiful Chipboard books she had designs. It was made with beautiful paper, bling and ribbon....too fun! That is when I decided that I would have to try scrapbooking (again)!

Ginny showed me a site www.scrapbook.com. I spent some time looking at everyone's scrapbook layouts, books and scrap rooms! That lead me to Youtube, where I started to check out all the different tools that scrapbookers  use. Since then I have made many purchases. I have purchased stamps, stamp pads, paper, a Cricut, Bling and Prima  flowers. There are many things I would still like to get.

The pictures here are just some of my artwork that I would like to make into die cuts, stickers and journaling  cards. I would love to be able to use my own artwork in my scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather