Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mother's Day Post from an older Blog (May 2010)

The boys made me some awesome flowers out of tissue paper....and some out of Crayola Modeling Magic. They were awesome! I will get pictures soon and post them. Pete got me the Silhouette digital cutting machine! I can't wait to read about the software and give it a try! This machine will allow me to print out images that I have painted or drawn.....and cut them out! I LOVE it! I will let you know how much I really LOVE it when I actually use it!

As usual my gift for both my mom (Shirley) and my dear MIL (Margaret) were not finished in time. But that is just how I roll. I started my mom's album ....and even had a few pages finished (posted as 5x7 scrapbook page). Then I was watching You Tube and found something that I just had to make! A Paper bag mini (my case it will be chunky) album. I started that on Thursday Evening. I was so excited about it....that I put the other album on the back burner. Friday evening I worked on it a little more over at Ginny's house. Of course I worked all day Saturday and had to clean and cook (Pete and the boys helped too). I was able to get 6 photos in the paper bag album...but I took the photos before that. I will post the shots I took below...so you can see where they started....and how they end up (when I finish...lol).

Paper Bag Mini Album
Here is the inside left cover and first page. I used a premium paper stack by K & Company (I will get the name later). I attached it to the small natural lunch bags. I inked / grunged the edges of all the pages, tags and photo mats with Ranger distress ink in vintage photo. I used a Fiskar's scalloped punch to create the opening at the end of the bags (so it is easier to grab tags). I chose earthy tones...and just love it (and it is not even finished yet). I will have to post more pictures later....I can't get the "add Image" to actually work...LOL.


This is the first pages, you can see the punched out scalloped area much better. After the edges of the photo mat was grunged, I stamped it with a stamp from Inkadinkado and (tba) ink pad.


This is the page opposite of the one pictured above. The blue with the butterfly flips back and forth (just like the big pages...it is just smaller) and you can see that I actually have a tag sticking out of the blue little pocket. The tags were made on my cricut machine using the sentimentals cartridge and the photo mats were made with the (tba) cartridge.

This is a shot of the other side of the blue small pocket with the butterfly....and the other side of the short tag.

Another photo mat and pocket that will hold a tag.


Here is another set of pocket pages. The circle photo mat (and all the square mats) has pop dots behind it....so it sticks out from the page, and it was stamped with the same stamp I used earlier. I will put some kind of decorations on the opposite page. You can see the small pocket sticking straight out in the center.

Here is the small pocket with the tiny tag.



This photo mat was stamped with a beautiful bird image.


Tiny pocket with tag and the larger pocket.
(the colors are richer than they appear in this one photo)


This is the last page and inside back cover. I used Ranger Grunge Paper for the cover which I have not finished yet.

As soon as I add some special touches and the rest of the photos...I will repost the pictures. Thanks for looking! Have a great day.


UPDATE:  October 2010
Sadly this is still not finished.  You may notice a theme with my projects...lol...the "Not finished theme."  I did add some pictures to this...but I need to add some bling etc.  I have used my Silhouette SD....and I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather