Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fun with Halloween Collage

Today while I was out shopping and getting the groceries, I decided I needed to pick up some modeling paste.  I probably have some from a previous purchase, but who would know where it is.  Lucky, I had a 50% off coupon for JoAnns.  I picked some up, went home, and started to think.  I figured I would do another 4x4 Gallery wrapped Artist canvas.  Lately I have done a few Primitive Folk Art Halloween pieces and sold them on Ebay/Etsy.  I feel pretty good about the "feelings" I get when I am working on these pieces.  The piece today will be a little different in that I am going to just use patterned paper for the pumpkin head (instead of an image I created).  I am going to paint the details on the pumpkin.  My paints were happy to come out of their hiding places.  I will post some photos after the piece is dry!
This piece of art is on a 4x4 inch Gallery wrapped canvas (which means it is about 2 inches wide, doesn't need a frame, and will stand up on its own if you don't want to hang it).
I started out with my favorite background color. Stamped it, distressed it. Picked out some of my favorite images I created. Then picked out some scrapbook paper for the pumpkin face. I painted the details on the pumpkin's face, and dress. The dress was done using modeling paste. The tiny ghost and lettering are all using Pop dots, so they pop out from the page. The Eyes, nose, mouth, ghost and lettering all have Ranger glossy accents on them, so they have that added texture look. This is an original one of a kind piece of art.

UPDATE:  October 2010
I currently have this listed on Ebay, and it has one bid....Yeah!  It will sell for $24.99.  You can see it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather